Digital Growing Pains at the BBC
How is the UK’s oldest broadcaster adapting to meet the needs of an emerging global audience that is learning how to watch TV without a TV? BBC Worldwide Digital Studios is a new team designed to respond to the ways that the future global audiences of the BBC are consuming content. This session will explore their new approach with specific explanations of:
- Changing the culture of brand building, moving from being a broadcaster to engaging our fans in genuine conversation
- How evolutions – not revolutions – in storytelling are required to adapt ti an entirely on-demand world
- Change your editorial (and hiring!) strategy and create shortcuts
- Publishing on social media platforms to innovate, prototype… and fail… in public
- Our new approach to the commissioning and creation of digital deliverables (otherwise known as how we’re killing off crap ‘online exclusives’ that nobody wants to make or watch)
Digital Growing Pains at the BBC w/ Alex Ayling – The Conference from Power to the Pixel on Vimeo.