The High Five Power to the Pixel Lab is here!
Presented by Nordisk Film & TV Fond in partnership with Power to the Pixel, The High Five Power to the Pixel Lab has finally arrived. Selected from 30 applications, seven cross-media projects aimed at children from 3 – 13 years old are participating in a five-day development lab in Gilleleje, Denmark. The Lab is part of the 2nd High 5 Cross-Media Content for Kids Development Scheme running from November 2012 to March 2013 where each project has been awarded NOK225.000 of development funding. It was initiated in 2010 to respond to the rapidly evolving digital environment and the new ways in which children engage with stories on platforms and devices other than the traditional film and television formats.
The projects chosen include:
- Alfie Atkins– Kristin Ulseth, Maipo Film
- Gigglebug – Anttu Harlin, Anima Boutique Oy & Kuusaerna Ltd
- Karl Dymling – Guided by Ghosts – Gila Bergqvist Ulfung, Breidablick
- The Snowflakes – Thomas Borch Nielson, Nice Ninja ApS
- Twin Pigs – Per Rosendal, Kongo Interactive ApS
- UB The Dog – Lise Saxtrup, Klassefilm
- Valkyria – Anna Nevander, KORE Film and Transmedia
The projects will be taken through an intensive development process aimed at sharing ideas, tools and experiences whilst encouraging collaboration between mentors, participants and projects. This year also sees 9 of the world’s leading cross-media experts come together to mentor the projects.
Attending experts include:
- Nuno Bernardo, CEO & Producer, BeActive (PORT)
- Greg Childs, CEO, Childseye (UK)
- Thomas Howalt, Business Development, Hapti.co (DEN)
- Liz Rosenthal, CEO & Founder, Power to the Pixel (UK)
- Adam Sigel, Content Strategist, Writer & Producer (USA)
- Anne Mette Stevn, International Editor & User Experience Designer, Egmont (DEN)
- Paul Tyler, Founder, Handling Ideas (UK)
For more information on The High 5 For Kids scheme head to Nordisk Film & TV Fond’s website.