Announcing The Pixel Market 2012 selection! 20.09 2012
Power to the Pixel is super-excited to be announcing this year’s 30 cross-media projects selected for the 3rd edition of The Pixel Market, the world’s foremost cross-media finance market. Eight of the teams will go head-to-head at The Pixel Pitch competition on 17 October (tickets are available here) to win the prestigious ARTE £6,000 Pixel Pitch prize. They are:
- Birthright – Mahyad Tousi of BoomGen Studios (USA)
- Buenaventura Mon Amour – Steven Grisales & Jose Luis Rugeles of Rhayuela Cine (Colombia)
- Everyday Rebellion – Arash & Arman T. Riahi of Golden Girls Filmproduktion & Filmservices (Austria)
- METAWARS – Jeff Norton of Awesome Media & Entertainment Ltd (Canada/UK)
- Ori and Gami! – Stephan Bonnefoy & Christophe Findji of 2 Minutes & Jus De Prod (France)
- The Incredibles – Natalia Imaz & Luisa Romeo of PARABELLUM FILM (Spain/Germany)
- The Super 8 Complex – Edward Dallal of Spring Films (UK)
- World Online Orchestra Project (WOO project) – Uffe Savery & Mads Damsbo of Copenhagen Phil in cooperation with MAKROPOL (Denmark)
Check out the full list of projects.
As an added bonus for 2012, all 30 projects selected for The Pixel Market will be in the running to win three new prizes this year. They are
- beActive’s Pixel Market Comedy prize – £2,500 and automatic selection for the Digital Comedy Lab 2013
- Cinekid Pixel Market Prize (4 – 14 year olds) – automatic selection to Cinekid for Professionals co-production market in October, plus return travel and two nights accommodation in Amsterdam
- Mozilla Pixel Market Prize for Non-Fiction – participation at the Living Docs hackathon in San Francisco in early 2013, with complimentary flights and accomodation
Don’t miss out, buy your ticket now to watch The Pixel Pitch competition unfolding live on 17 October!!